Why I Made My Own Crossfire Playlist

8:05:00 PM

We all know the key songs, that Sylvia Day wrote into  The Crossfire Series; like Brave by Sara Bareilles and Hanging By A Moment by Lighthouse. So when I was just starting making out little 15 second clips for "my version" of certain book scenes on Instagram, I wanted to choose songs that I think fit perfectly for the characters, the setting or just the mood of the scene. I decided to make my own playlist (Spotify/Youtube) where I could add songs that I think would fit perfectly for whenever the show is made and to give some scenes a little bit of LIFE.

I LOVE finding new music to add. There are so many indie artists and beautiful lyrics out there, not mainstream enough so most of us don't get the chance to listen to. For me, I feel that music really can make the show.  Some of my most favorite soundtracks were from shows or movies that invested in great music like Smallville, Cruel Intentions, Bones, One Tree Hill and Awkward. 


When certain scenes had no dialogue, the music spoke for everyone and I love that. I love when we can identify ourselves or our situations in a song, better than if the actors' were to speak. It is amazing just how touching a song can be and I honestly love that. So by making my playlists, I feel like I am in some way contributing to help bring the books to life. I mean, if we were honest, I wish I had the control for the music that would be in the show, lol I would definitely go crazy and fill it with so much music. But alas, I don't work in Hollywood and don't have whatever license or whatever you need to choose music. But a girl can dream ;)

But yeah, every song on my playlist is chosen carefully. I read the lyrics and some are just so spot on for the series that I just wish they put these song in the show once it eventually comes to be made. It's honestly for fun though, y'know? I love doing this. I love knowing that you guys actually take your time to listen to the songs, and also, while you're doing that, go ahead and check the lyrics out. They are all in a way meaningful and in a way perfect for something in the series, not just for Gideon & Eva but for the other characters as well.
And if you can, support smaller artists! 

If you have listened to my playlist, I would LOVE to hear what song is your favorite; be it because you connect to it or because you think it fits the series. Let me know. I always always love feedback!
Thank you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Periscope @crossfireseriesx. Powered by Blogger.